Is the Insurance Company Offering Me a Fair Settlement for My Injuries? | Denver Injury Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with DENVER PERSONAL INJURY lawyers for Free
If you’re negotiating a personal injury claim, your insurance company will assign you an insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster will work with you throughout the negotiation process in an effort to get you a settlement. It is important to understand how the process works so that you know if you’re being offered a fair settlement.
It is also important to understand the nature of insurance companies and whether you have been offered a fair settlement. Insurance companies are in business to make money. This means that they must pay out as little as possible for settlements. Because of this, it is important to be wary of any offers you may receive from the insurance company, especially the first offer.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a 100% free case evaluation with our Denver personal injury lawyers.
How to Value Your Claim
When dealing with insurance companies, it may be a good idea to calculate the value of your claim yourself or with the assistance of an attorney, so that you can tell if you are being offered too low of a settlement.
To value your claim, it is important to take into consideration medical expenses, property damage, lost earnings, future lost income, and estimated future medical expenses. You may need to reduce the value of your claim if your own carelessness or negligence contributed to the accident.
After valuing your claim, keep it with you throughout the process but never share it with the insurance adjuster, as they will most likely use it against you.
Tips on How to Get a Fair Settlement for Your Injuries
The insurance claims process can be stressful and tedious. Before starting your claim, it may be helpful to consider some tips on how to get a fair settlement.
- Conduct a complete investigation – Collect witness statements, police reports, medical reports, and anything else you can gather relating to the accident. You may be at a disadvantage if you don’t conduct a thorough investigation to help support your claim.
- Get photographs – Take pictures of any injuries you may have, the scene of the accident, and any damage property. Pictures are extremely vital to any claim you may make.
- Don’t let the insurance adjuster pressure you into settling – Don’t give in to the adjuster’s pressure to settle or any artificial kindness they may present. Remember that their goal is to get you the smallest settlement possible.
- Keep all documents – Retain all bills and receipts related to any medical attention you received or any damages your property sustained. Be sure to save everything, including hospital bills, doctor bills, and all other bills you incurred because of your accident.
- Contact a lawyer – An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you by reviewing your file and answering any questions you may have about the process. The lawyer can also give you an estimated value of your case, so you won’t be swindled by the insurance company.
OUR DENVER PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS CAN HELP
At Zinda Law Group, our Denver personal injury lawyers have helped thousands of victims get their lives back on track after suffering an injury. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you build the strongest claim possible and pursue maximum compensation for hospital bills, future medical costs, property damage, lost income, pain and suffering, and much more.
Our firm also believes an injury victim should never have to worry about being able to afford legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations, and why you pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you have been injured in an accident, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Denver.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.